This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the information that Porsche Digital, Inc. (“Porsche Digital”) collects about you, how we use and share your information, and your choices.
This Privacy Notice applies to information collected about you by or on behalf of Porsche Digital as set forth in the below “Information We Collect” section, including through the websites, mobile applications, online services, in person interview, surveys, registrations during events or programs where this Privacy Notice is posted or linked (our “Online Services”). Unless otherwise indicated, all references to “Porsche Digital,” “we” or “our” in this Privacy Notice means Porsche Digital. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any of our affiliates, other Porsche companies, or Porsche dealers which are independent third parties. Our Online Services are for users located exclusively in the United States of America. By using our Online Services, you consent to the use and disclosure of your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and subject to the applicable state and federal laws of the United States.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Our Online Services may contain links to the websites of other Porsche companies, Porsche dealers, or other third parties, as well as to social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Linked Sites”). Porsche Digital is not responsible and has no liability for the privacy policies or practices of Linked Sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each Linked Site you visit.
Information We Collect
As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies or can be linked to or associated with a specific individual, such as name, e-mail address, phone number, driver’s license number, Porsche ID or credit card number. “Information” is collectively used herein to refer to both Personal Information and other information that does not identify a specific individual.
Porsche Digital and its third-party service providers collect Information about you from a variety of sources, including Personal Information you provide directly to us and Information we collect about you when you access and use our Online Services. We also collect your Personal Information from independent Porsche dealers, our affiliates, third parties such as Facebook if you access our Online Services through such third parties, and third-party marketing or analytics providers or providers of publicly available information. We may combine any of the Information collected about you for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Information You Provide Us. We collect Personal Information when you:
- register for or use our Online Services;
- register for and/or attend any Porsche Digital event or program or web specials, and/or participate in any event, program, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time (collectively, “Events”);
- subscribe to our newsletter, or other communications from us;
- download a software update for our mobile application;
- contact or communicate with us, including requesting information from us;
- access or use Porsche Digital pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Page”);
- provide information to us in connection with transactions or potential transactions;
- provide or submit comments, suggestions, experiences, or other content to us; and/or
- otherwise interact with us and our Online Services.
Information Collected Automatically
Analytics Information: We may use third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Online Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving our Online Services. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form.
Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access our Online Services. When you use our Online Services, servers may automatically record certain log file information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with Linked Sites, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear Gifs/Web Beacons: When you use our Online Services, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track your online usage patterns. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information facilitates more accurate reporting and improvement of our Online Services.
Location Data: When you access our Online Services via a website or mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store information regarding your computer or device, as well as real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use our Online Services. You may opt-out from allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device, though some features of our Online Services may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may receive Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Online Services through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through Facebook), such third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. We may also receive Information you have provided to Porsche dealers, our affiliates, or Porsche clubs. We may also obtain other Information about you such as change of address, contact information, or demographic information from commercially or publicly available sources.
We retain Personal Information for the length of time needed to carry out the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice and to adhere to our policies on keeping records (unless a longer period is needed by law). Our records policies reflect applicable laws. We retain Personal Information to the extent necessary to manage our relationships with our customers, personalize and improve your overall customer experience, comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain Personal Information to comply with applicable tax laws), resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice.
How We Use Your Information
We use your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- improving and customizing our Online Services;
- providing our products and services to you;
- communicating with you regarding Porsche Digital and its products, services, and Events;
- customizing your Porsche experience;
- creating and managing your online Porsche Login registration;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, or postings;
- informing you about the latest products of Porsche Digital;
- internal operations such as maintaining and enhancing our products and services and the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own control or provide;
- to conduct research and analysis including to develop and demonstrate technology;
- investigating or settling inquires or disputes;
- marketing or advertising purposes;
- short-term, transient use including non-personalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with us;
- enforcing our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- complying with legal obligations;
- protecting the security and integrity of our business and our Online Services while using Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes;
- auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with state privacy laws and other standards; and
- debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems.
Your Choices In How We Use Your Information
While Porsche Digital may contact you with offers and information concerning Porsche Digital or its products, services or Events, you always have the choice not to receive such items. You may contact us as described in the below Contact Us section to communicate your marketing preferences and request to be removed from marketing lists. You may also request that your Personal Information not be shared with independent Porsche dealerships as part of related marketing and customer care programs (although you should be aware that these dealerships also collect personal data directly from you).
In addition, our Online Services allow you to communicate your marketing preferences as follows (or as otherwise specifically indicated on our Online Services):
- At the time of registering as a Porsche Online Services user, you will be given a choice whether to receive promotional e-mails from Porsche. Each promotional e-mail you receive from us will provide you a specific opt-out mechanism to allow you to unsubscribe from receipt of these promotional e-mails.
- By accessing your profile under “Porsche Login” on the Online Services, you may also update your Personal Information in our database or change your marketing preferences.
- Whether or not registered as a Porsche Online Services user, users who subscribe to the Porsche Magazine or Newsletter may unsubscribe by following the link provided therein, by calling 1-800-PORSCHE or by updating their preferences on our Online Services.
You may contact us as described in the below Contact Us section with any questions or concerns you may have about our privacy practices, including requests to update or correct your Personal Information. Even if you choose not to receive promotional e-mails or mailings from Porsche, we may continue to use your Personal Information in order to contact you in connection with product recalls or other transactional purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share and disclose your Information as follows:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of our Online Services, payment processing, communications, and marketing research and analysis;
- with independent, authorized Porsche dealers for customer care and marketing efforts;
- with members of our affiliated group of companies for promotional or other purposes;
- to manage and administer Events;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the rights and interests of Porsche, its affiliates, and authorized Porsche dealers, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, reorganization, or acquisition, in which event your Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring company;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
Additional Notice of State-Specific Privacy Information and Rights
This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in the States of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia.
Personal Information We Collect about Consumers.
We describe the Personal Information we have collected from consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled, Information We Collect.The information we collect includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, e-mail address, phone number, and driver’s license number, Porsche ID, postal address, and Internet Protocol address.
- The following categories of Personal Information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the Personal Information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) payment information such as credit card information, (3) information that you provide in connection with transactions or potential transactions, (4) information you provide or that we record when you contact or communicate with us, and (5) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in Information We Collect above.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as language preference.
- Commercial information, including information about interest you have expressed in any of our products or services; registration information for any Porsche event or program, including Porsche driving experiences and the Porsche Travel Club, or web specials; and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any event, program, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Online Services, advertisements that we display on our websites or mobile apps or on third-party sites and apps, or Porsche pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Geolocation data relating to your computer or device when you interact with our Online Services that post this Privacy Notice.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or our social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our Online Services or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, or behavior.
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as social security number and credit card number.
We collect this Personal Information from sources that include you when you access and use our Online Services, third-party analytics providers such as Google Analytics, third parties such as Facebook if you access our Online Services through such third parties, and providers of publicly available information. For more information, please see Information We Collect and Information Collected Automatically.
For information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use the Personal Information we collect, please see How We Use Your Information. We do not process sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to other businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice:
- Identifiers and Commercial Information. Name, address and phone number. We share this information with independent Porsche dealers for marketing purposes.
- Identifiers and Inferences. Pseudonymous identifiers for individuals who visit our Web sites and mobile apps and the devices such individuals use to visit our Web sites and mobile apps, data relating to usage of our Web sites and apps and inferences drawn from such usage data, and data acquired from third-party marketing and digital advertising providers. We share this information with third-party vendors that provide consumer behavioral analytics, social media, and digital advertising services to Porsche, and where applicable these vendors may use the information for their own purposes.
We have disclosed Personal Information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice of State-Specific Privacy Information and Rights for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see How We Share Your Information. Like many companies, Porsche processes Personal Information for targeted advertising. When you use our online services, we (and our vendors) may collect information about your activities so that we can provide you with advertising tailored to your interests.
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to other businesses or third parties for consideration.
Your State-Specific Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia, you have one or more of the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Access and Right to Know Information regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- whether we are processing Personal Information about you;
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we disclose Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- the categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have sold or shared and the categories of third parties to whom we have sold or shared the information, by category or categories of Personal Information for each category of third party to whom we sold or shared the Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom we disclosed the information for a business purpose.
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected from or about you. Please note if you have requested a service that requires the use of your Personal Information, we may not be able to provide that service if you choose to delete your Personal Information.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of Personal Information about you to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration or the sharing of Personal Information about you for cross-context behavioral advertising, targeted advertising and profiling. To opt-out, click Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. To opt-out from the sale of personal information for valuable consideration to analytics, social media, and advertising partners, please use the following links:
Right to Appeal. If we decline to take action on a request that you make in accordance with the foregoing to exercise the foregoing privacy rights, then you may appeal our decision by replying to our response to your request, emailing email@example.com, or calling 1-800-PORSCHE. Please use the reference ID associated with your request when you contact us so we can locate your records.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to Porsche by your Personal Information.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
We will process your request within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. If your request involves us providing Personal Information to you, we may deliver the Personal Information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with Porsche, or, if not, electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information to you or, if you so request and permitted by law, to another entity, in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. Even if you use an agent, as permitted by law, we may require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, and/or require you to verify your own identity.
We may require you to provide certain information, including contact information, to verify your identity before acting on your request to exercise your rights or granting you access to your information. We will only use this information to confirm your identity. In some cases we may need to collect additional information from you, and depending on the type of request we may use a third-party identity verification service to verify your identity. If we use a third-party identity verification service, our third-party identification verification service may ask you certain identity verification questions to match the information you provide with information that it has in its database.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 further permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your Personal Information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below. To make such a request, please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
If you use assistive technology and the format of this Privacy Notice interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards designed to keep your Personal Information secure. For example, when you submit sensitive Personal Information, such as credit card information, through our Online Services, we utilize secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. We also request that our third-party service providers use appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or use. However, no data transmission is guaranteed as 100% secure.
Submissions and User Generated Content
Unless governed by separate terms identified at the time of submission, all suggestions, materials, remarks, or other intellectual property (e.g., ideas, experiences, and photos) you communicate or submit to us (“Submissions”) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Porsche Digital shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Submissions and shall be free to use and distribute Submissions for any purposes, without limitation of any kind.
Our Online Services and Social Media Pages allow you to post messages and submit content (e.g., comments, phots, blogs, postings, etc.), which may include your Personal Information. You are responsible for all actions resulting from any information, including Personal Information, which you post on our Online Services or Social Media Pages. Please remember that any information you post becomes public information, is not subject to this Privacy Notice, and Porsche is not responsible for the results of such postings.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, please notify us as provided below in the Contact Us section.
Our Online Services are not intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices or any requests with respect to the Personal Information we collect about you, you may contact us at 1-800-PORSCHE, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by mail to Porsche Digital, Inc., One Porsche Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30354, Attn: Privacy/Legal Department.
Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice
By using our Online Services, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Notice, and you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions posted on our Online Services under “Legal notice.” If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not access or use our Online Services or submit any Personal Information to us.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
Porsche reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so you should review it frequently for changes. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post such changes here at https://us.porsche.digital/us-privacy-notice. Your continued use of our Online Services and/or provision of your Personal Information after such posting constitute your acceptance of such changes. Please contact us as described in the Contact Us section if you would like information regarding any changes.
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Copyright © 2023 Porsche Digital, Inc.